WorldFlight Group

WorldFlight is a group of aviation enthusiasts flying around the world in home-built jet airliner simulators to raise money for their local charities.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:02 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Forum rules

This is a public Forum. Swearing and abusive comments will not be tolerated. Inappropriate posts will be edited or removed.

Post subject: Fsinn
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 pm 

My Location:
hi all, enjoying my participation in my first worldflight event, only started flight sim in May this year so steep learning curve. Many thanks to John(shadow1) Jim(shadow2) David(shadow3) and CIXVFR club for their help and support.

Is anyone else having problems with unexpected disconnects from fsinn, all fsinn windows grey out? Never had any problems until this event but both myself and shadow1 both had trouble on the GVAC-GCFV leg last night - 4 miles from touchdown :(

Cheers Paul

Post subject: Re: Fsinn
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 am 

My Location:
Paul,

Have you tried connecting to different servers? I seem to have some troubles on certain servers but some are ok.

Arjun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm 

My Location:
Worldflight is one of those events that really, really tax the infrastructure. Especially if you are one of the 100 planes trying to depart from or arrive at the same airport, you are so close to the limits of what the system can handle that something must break. Hangs are very, very likely. It is frustrating because just as you need it most, the thing breaks, but unfortunately it is not any better.

You learn to cope with it. If technology breaks on you, carefully preserve your mental "being there" state and fix the problem, typically by shutting down a lot and restarting everything. This takes 20 minutes, yes. And then pick up where you left off.

Don't abandon a flight. That will haunt you for days.

Jeroen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 am 

My Location:
Hi Arjun, Jeroen,

Thanks for the replies. Between myself and John we sorted it out hopefully, we've both turned our 'planes visible' in FSINN settings down to 5 and since flying a couple more legs we've not had any more trouble with lag or crashes.

Early start here in the UK for the last leg tomorrow, see you there, not sure what you're flying.

Cheers

Paul